Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Will to Resist

This post goes out to the homosexuals, fornicators, and other lost that feel that they have no control.

Many of us have strong urges that we don't want. Myself included. Where do these urges come from? Our flesh, which seems to have some sort of stupid notion that we have to do what it tells us. Practically everything it wants is impure. "For I know that nothing good dwells within me." -Romans 7:18.

Your urges, as natural as they may seem, have no place in your psyche. After all, it is *you* who is in control. You can openly reject it, not just for your better, but for the better of those around you.

Me, for example, I have urges to hurt everybody, whether they do good or bad to me or not. They've gotten stronger recently, but I resist it. I *know* what will happen if I let these urges overtake me, so I muster up all of my mental strength and push these urges back. If I ever get the chance, I'll see a shrink about it.

With a combination of your own metal fortitude and the power of the god of Abraham, I will decide what I want, not my sinful flesh. How about you?