"But Matt! It's going to hurt! You're a man, you would never understand!"
True, but I remember a femenist in an episode of Family Guy once said "If we can endure the pain of child birth, who knows what else we can accomplish?" This would be a huge milestone for you! When someone asks what you did with your life, you can say "I suffered so another human being can live."
"Why should I care about some fetus?"
Well, if you don't care about the fetus, consider this...
- 16 of 17 scientific studies show that abortions increase risks of breast cancer.
- The Southern Medical journal says there is a higher death rate among women who have abortions (and not from violence, either.)
- Back in 2007, the Metropolitan Medical Associates of New Jersey was shut down by state health officials after one of it's patients, who had an abortion, went into a coma for four weeks. She had to have her uterus removed and her lungs were collapsing.
"I was raped! I don't want this!"
I'm sorry to hear that, but why should that kid die for something a pervert did? The rapist will get theirs, and much more. If you give birth to this thing, you can put it up for adoption and give it to somebody who *does* want it. There are a lot of couples out there that want a family so desperately but they can't have their own children. Try going to GodParent. That could help.
"What if it's another criminal?"
What if it is? One more criminal isn't going to hurt the world. There's an equally good chance it won't become a criminal. Whatever it becomes, it is meant to be.
"Who will love it? Who will care for it?"
Lots of people. Like I said earlier, lots of couples want their own kids but can't concieve for whatever reason.
"The stem cells can can cure diseases!"
At what cost? There has to be another way. The world is full of infinite mysteries. That human life in you has no chance, no means to defend itself, it's not fair.
Also, I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 3:2 which says...
"There is a time to be born and a time to die."
It is the fetus' time to be born, and the diseased man's time to die? The diseased was already born, so now it's time for him to accept Christ and move on to eternity, and the fetus' time to be born and with it, the chance to make it's mark on our lives.
"But it'll go to heaven if I abort it."
True... but YOU will go to hell for murder. That thing is a human life. To end it, even in it's current state, is murder.
"Oh, but I can repent and get off scott free."
So you think Jesus is a get out of jail free card? That you can just kill another human being and just walk away? You don't need a biblical scripture to tell you that you're full of it. I'd imagine God gets pretty angry when people try to use his free love gift as a loophole!
"It's my body, it's my choice! You are a stupid zealot!"
First off, thank you for calling me a Zealot/Fanatic/etc. I consider it an honor. Second, while it is true that it is your body, and your choice, you will be held accountable for your actions. (Acts 17:31)
Conclusion...
You have, at this time, the power to do one of two things... to give life, or to take it away. God is watching and waiting for your descision, and I pray that you will make the right one. That child has as much right to live as you do, and even though it can't speak, it is undoubtably begging you not to kill it.