Friday, May 16, 2008

Israel: Love it or... well, then just leave it alone...

In 1948, Israel was founded as a nation that could give the jews a fighting chance in the event of another Adolph Hitler. These days it looks like there's another one on the rise already... I speak of Iranian President Ahmedinejad, the true enemy of the Jewish People. What makes this guy stand out from the likes of the Neo Nazis in America? I'll tell you...

  • Ahmedinejad actually has an army to make a move.
  • He's got the bomb.
  • He has an entire nation that is coerced into his way of thinking.
Scared? Jubilent? Don't be...

God has delivered Israel, time and time again, from it's enemies at home and abroad. All over the old testament, you read about the Israelites taking down nation after nation. Yet people are still against Israel today, clearly they'll never learn.

Why is all of this happening? It all dates back to Abraham. In Genesis 12:2,3 God makes a pact with Israel saying "I will make you a great nation, I will bless you, and make your name, I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." In the other books of the old testament, every kingdom that holds Jerusalem, aside from Israel, eventually falls into ruin.

Here is an incomplete list of kingdoms that took Israel, and collapsed soon after...
  • Babylon (completely obliterated)
  • Persia (Now Iran)
  • Assyria (Gone)
  • Greeks (Thrown out)
Enemies of Israel today teeter on the brink of collapse today. While it looks like she's in trouble today, it's always darkest before the dawn. Jesus is coming back, and he will make sure Jerusalem sees only one last war before he rules the world forever. Are you ready for that day, reader? Read more of my blog for more information.